Sunday 22 February 2015

The Librarians, Season 1 [Review]

Season 2 →

Eve: How did you know all that?
Flynn: I'm the Librarian.
(Episode 1)

TV series starring Rebecca Romijn, Christian Kane, Lindy Booth, John Kim, John Larroquette.
It's the spin-off of the movie series with Flynn Carsen (Noah Wyle), the Librarian (singular) and I personally think that the tv series is a lot funnier! Sure, let's be honest, we are not in front of a masterpiece, the stories are sometimes forced, not to mention the special effects, the characters are sometimes a bit stuck in their stereotypes... but it works. This series is funny, fascinating, exciting, original enough and with a good cast. I love them all the characters (some more than others), I liked them from the very beginning! I like the bonds that are forming between them, based on collaboration, affection, trust ... or even lack of trust, as happens between Jacob and Cassandra: I obviously immediatly started to ship them desperately! :D I like the Flynn/Baird ship, too.

The moment I finished the last episode I was already looking forward to the second season, about which I didn't known anything at the time, but recently I discovered that the series has been renewed! I just hope we don't have to wait until December for the next season!

official site - Wikipedia - IMDb - Facebook

Quotes

Jacob: Ark of the covenant?!
Flynn: Yes.
Cassandra: What about Bigfoot and Dracula?
Flynn: Yes and no. Yes on Bigfoot.
Ezekiel: So, vampires aren't real.
Flynn: Vampires are real, but Dracula is not, because I killed him.
(Episode 1)

Eve: I thought you did art, not architecture.
Jacob: Architecture is just art we live in. Why doesn't anybody get that?
(Episode 4)

Number 943 in things I thought I'd never say, but I'm saying in this job, okay, Santa, where did you park your sleigh?
Eve
(Episode 4)

Jake: Reality. It's the shared narrative we agreed to believe.
Jenkins: You're a very odd cowboy.
Jake: So I've been told.
(Episode 6)

Magic is not an exact science. If it were it would be... science.
Jenkins
(Episode 9)

Ezekiel: (about Flynn) He's not making any sense.
Eve: Ha ha ha! - That's a good thing!
(Episode 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Shōgun [#books #reviews]

by James Clavell Rating: 9 /10 Only by living at the edge of death can you understand the indescribable joy of life. Mariko