Wednesday 13 May 2015

Inge Lehmann's Birthday

Today, thanks to Google, I discovered that's Inge Lehmann's birthday. And I also discovered that Lehmann is a she. Shame on me, but for all these years I knew Lehmann discontinuity, I always thought about Lehmann as a man, or maybe I never particularly thought about their gender, but when I discovered she was a woman, it surprised me. And that's sad. So, I wanted to share her birthday with you. Because here at Defying Gravity we love Science, and scientists, and we are partycularly fond of female scientists.
HAPPY BIRHDAY INGE LEHMANN!!!

Oggi, grazie a Google, ho scoperto che è il compleanno di Inge Lehmann. E ho anche scoperto che Lehmann è una lei. Me ne vergogno, ma per tutti questi anni conoscevo la discontinuità di Lehmann, ho sempre pensato a Lehmann come un uomo, o forse non ho mai particolarmente pensato al suo genere, ma quando ho scoperto che era una donna, sono rimasta sorpresa. E questo è triste. Così, ho voluto condividere il suo compleanno con voi. Perché qui a Defying Gravity amiamo la Scienza e gli scienziati, e siamo particolarmente affezionati agli scienziati donne.
BUON COMPLEANNO INGE LEHMANN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner [#books #reviews]

by Samuel Taylor Coleridge Rating: 7 /10 At lenght did cross an Albatross, Thorough the fog it came [...]. (Page 21)