Wednesday 16 July 2014

A Room of One's Own (review)

by Virginia Woolf



I pushed back this book for years, perhaps concerned about the fact that it was not a novel, I don't know, neither I can say exactly why. But maybe I was right to wait, because if I had read this as a teenager, I probably wouldn't have been able to grasp its extremely topical, and also because clearly this time I really felt this book "asking" to be read, so I could truly appreciate it.
Virginia Woolf did a great gift to the women of her era and also to us. And if it will ever come a day when such a text will no longer be topical, will no longer be needed, it will remain, always, a beautiful reading.

Links: ANOBII - GOODREADS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Shōgun [#books #reviews]

by James Clavell Rating: 9 /10 Only by living at the edge of death can you understand the indescribable joy of life. Mariko