Tuesday 13 January 2015

Mostly Harmless [Review]


by Douglas Adams

Like all the books that conclude a series that we loved much, this novel was a bit sad. So much that I cannot well judge if the story itself is sadder than other times, or it's just this melancholy that kept me company all the time. Certainly, however, the book doesn't lack of fun and bright ideas that characterize the "trilogy in five books" of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. But the end shocked me so much that I thought about giving the book only 3 stars! Now, a few days after I finished it, I'm more convinced about giving it 4 stars, and although I'm still traumatized by the ending, I don't anymore feel "betrayed" by Adams for creating a conclusion that I didn't expect at all. I'm slowly understanding the meaning, and maybe, in a few years, with a re-reading of the whole saga, I might even get to like it!
Apart from that, however, the novel is a good read, fun, thought-provoking, it amazes and excites as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Shōgun [#books #reviews]

by James Clavell Rating: 9 /10 Only by living at the edge of death can you understand the indescribable joy of life. Mariko