Sunday, 27 September 2026

Guards! Guards! [#books #reviews]

by Terry Pratchett

Discworld
← Pyramids
Eric →


They may be called the Palace Guard, the City Guard, or the Patrol. Whatever the name, their purpose in any work of heroic fantasy is identical: it is, round about Chapter Three (or ten minutes into the film) to rush into the room, attack the hero one at a time, and be slaughtered. No one ever asks them if they wanted to.
This book is dedicated to those fine men.
(Terry Pratchett in the Dedication)

My first approach to the City Watch sub-series was incredible! The story hooked me—it’s gripping and exciting, and includes a mystery element that's always a good thing! I fell in love with the characters, every single one of them, with a special shout-out to Errol the swamp dragon: he is absolutely adorable! If I haven't said it before, I’ll say it now: this is the best fantasy series I’ve ever read, and I’m so happy knowing I still have plenty more novels to read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Guards! Guards! [#books #reviews]

by Terry Pratchett Discworld ← Pyramids Eric → Rating: 9 /10 They may be called the Palace Guard, the City Guard, or the Patro...